The Microsoft® Internet Explorer®, Google Chrome®, Mozilla Firefox®, and Apple® Safari® browsers supported by the MLS all include built-in spell check features. To eliminate potential errors or conflicts with these browser-based spell check functions, the Rapattoni Spell Check icon was removed from the MLS the night of Wednesday, February 26, 2014.
Users can configure their browser-based spell check settings by following the steps listed below for the applicable browser.
Please note: To find suggested spellings, right-click on any red underlined misspelled word.
Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 10 on Windows® 7
By default, Internet Explorer® 10 is configured to automatically check spelling
1. Open Internet Explorer® 10
2. Go to Tools → Manage add-ons
3. Under Spelling Correction, "Enable spelling correction"
Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 10 or Internet Explorer® 11 on Windows® 8
By default, Windows® 8 is configured to automatically check spelling
1. Press the Windows Key + C
2. On the Charms bar select Settings
3. Select Change PC settings
4. Select PC and devices
5. Under Typing, “Autocorrect misspelled words” and “Highlight misspelled words”
Please note: This spell check feature is a function of the Windows® 8 operating system and not Internet Explorer®.
1. Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. In the "Languages" section, click Languages and input settings…
5. In the Languages and Input dialog that appears, use the "Enable spell checking" check box to turn the spell checker on or off
Google Chrome® users can also allow Google’s web services spell checking technology to automatically check your spelling in web forms and text fields. To enable this feature, right-click inside the text field that you’re typing in and select Spell checker options > Ask Google for suggestions.
By default, Firefox is configured to automatically check spelling. You can turn it off or on in the Options window.
1. In the upper-left corner of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Options → Options
2. Select the Advanced tab
3. Click the General tab
4. Select Check my spelling as I type
By default, Safari® is configured to automatically check spelling. Apple® users can turn it off or on by control-clicking in any text field on a web page accessed in Safari®. Windows® users should right-click in any text field.
1. Place your cursor in a text field on any open web page
2. Right-click or control-click inside the text field
3. Select Spelling and Grammar
4. Check Spelling While Typing