The REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) is the best way a REALTOR® can protect their business. RPAC is the only grassroots and issues mobilizing force that exists to protect and promote the tradition of home ownership and real estate investment.
By contributing to RPAC, you are able to support REALTOR® friendly legislators who believe in our industry and believe in protecting private property rights, perserving the American dream of home ownership, fighting for tax reforms and reducing burdensome regulations on our business.
MI RPAC has saved both REALTORS® and homeowners thousands of dollars each year. From protecting private property rights, to fighting off burdensome regulation, RPAC continues to promote homeownership and real estate investment.
- A new law creating a flat filing fee for recording documents
- A new law enacted that ensures all classes taken through the CE Marketplace are guaranteed to be audit proof
- Defeated a bill to revise annexation requirements
- A new law enacted clarifying the condo reversion process to allow for easier FHA lending
- Defeated a bill that required statewide mandated septic inspections
- A new law created that allows for easier investment in RPAC through dues billing
- Protected against changes to the affidavit of affixtures form
- Created a partnership between Michigan Realtors®, the Attorney General's office, and the Department of Licensing
and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) in stepping up enforcement against unlicensed real estate activity
- Defeated a proposal attempting to eliminate the appraiser position on the Michigan Tax Tribunal